Monday, January 7, 2008

My first Toastmasters meeting

Well, went to my first Toastmasters meeting. It was very rewarding. I will definitely join the group. I think it has a lot to offer. Members take turns each meeting serving in different roles: "ah" counter, timekeeper, evaluator for the speeches.

Last night there were two members who had prepared speeches. As it turned out, they were working on the same project in the same workbook, which was having to give a toast. Each took a very different approach to his toast, which was very interesting.

After the prepared speeches we had "Table Talk," which is where the members are asked questions for which they have to give impromptu answers. It was definitely a good experience. I'm looking forward to joining the group; I'm bringing back my application next week.

Originally posted to DailyStrength.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.