Thursday, February 7, 2008

Toastmasters member packet arrived

Cat on Toastmasters packet
Toastmasters member packet: tested and approved by Miss Elizabeth

My new member's packet came in the mail from Toastmasters International! Wouldn't you know it, very first thing the cat jumped up and stretched out on the folder.

Anyway, now that I have the first two manuals, I can work through the lessons. The first lesson in the "Competent Communicator" series is "Icebreaker," which is a five- to seven-minute speech that introduces me.

The other workbook is "Competent Leader," which deals with filling certain roles in the group. Should be interesting to work from.

At tonight's meeting I was the "ah counter," keeping track of repeated words and filler sounds. Next week I'll be the "grammarian" and will come up with a word that my fellow Toastmasters will have to use in a sentence.

Originally posted to DailyStrength.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.