Monday, March 14, 2011

Volunteering at Middletown library

I am now volunteering each Saturday at the Middletown library. Since July 2010, my husband and I have lived in an apartment in Middletown and it seemed an unnecessary expense to drive into Lakeport when I could walk two blocks.

My colleagues seem understanding at the Lakeport library, plus Middletown library director Gehlen Palmer desperately needs help.

In its present location, Palmer puts in extra hours to keep up with work that cannot be completed during open hours (as indicated by the Lake County Grand Jury in its 2009-2010 report). Imagine how much more work there will be when we get our new library in Middletown.

The grand jury recommended encouraging volunteer help from the public, as well as increasing Palmer’s hours to include time after the library closes. Citing the grand jury’s latest report, I offered my assistance to Palmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.