Friday, May 25, 2012

Lake County has new Poet Laureate

The opportunity on Monday to proofread a summary of the next day’s Board of Supervisor’s meeting exposed me to news that poet Elaine Watt would be sworn in as Lake County Poet Laureate for 2012-2014.

This was the first publicity the Record-Bee had received concerning selection of a new poet laureate and I posted the news on Twitter and Facebook.

That night, I asked my husband Jonathan, “What's the last name of Elaine from writer's group?” He said, “W-A-T-T” and I told him, “That's the next poet laureate.”

On Tuesday I tuned in via TV8 to a live broadcast of the meeting. I watched Watt accept a proclamation appointing her as Poet Laureate and then present her first reading in her new capacity. Congratulations, Elaine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.