Thursday, February 27, 2014

In Bellview library, share favorite Dr. Seuss quotes

Piece of newsprint with handwritten quote: "'Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.' -- The Lorax." In upper-left corner of newsprint, a print-out attached to pink cardstock reads: "Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! Most folks love Dr. Seuss, they do. I love Dr. Seuss! How about you? So please leave me a comment, leave me a quote, of those favorite Seuss words you like the most. I'll be FIRST, I'll lead the way. This is my favorite, at least for today. 'Why FIT in when you were born to stand out.' Just be yourself-that's what it's about. 'It's fun to have fun, you just have to know how.' So, leave me a quote. Leave it here. Leave it now!" In lower-right corner of newsprint, a print-out attached to pink cardstock displays a birthday cake with candles.

Bellview Elementary School will observe Read Across America Day on Monday, in honor of children’s author Dr. Seuss. In the Bellview library, I put up a sheet of paper from a newspaper end-roll. Staff, students, volunteers ... share your favorite Dr. Seuss quotes. I’ve started things out with a selection from The Lorax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.