Friday, April 11, 2014

Automobile bias in job interview videos

In an online discussion of videos about interviewing techniques, a classmate raised the point that an assumption by the producers that applicants will drive to an interview, is a “bit off the mark.”

My classmate said that when traveling to some places, she would take public transit.

I responded that the assumption about driving hit a false mark with me too. I commute first by foot, bicycle or bus and reserve my use of an automobile for situations when the former are unfeasible.

Watching one video, in which a college employment counselor arrived for her appointments, I remember thinking, isn’t she already on campus? Did she REALLY just hop in her car and drive from one part of campus to another?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.