Monday, December 29, 2014

Knitting socks with Dreamz Symphonie Wood

Clear package of double-pointed, wooden knitting needles, separated in ascending sizes. Next to them is a sock in-progress on the largest-size double-pointed needles.

Until this Christmas, my sock-knitting pursuits involved “Boye” Size 3 double-pointed knitting needles that I found packaged in a tube with an original printed price of 45 cents. This morning I worked the socks onto my Christmas gift from Jonathan, Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Symphonie Wood needles.

Close-up of my black cat Starfire gripping knitting needle tube with her teeth and front paws while pummeling it with her hind legs.
(My knitting helper Starfire was delighted to receive the empty Boye knitting needle tube.)

Constructed from densified laminated birch wood in a variety of beautiful colors, the Dreamz Symphonie Wood sock-knitting needle set includes U.S. sizes 0, 1, 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2 and 3 (corresponding to metric sizes 2.0, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3.0 and 3.25).

Beautiful to look at, the Symphonie Wood needles are also a pleasure to handle.

In 2015, I look forward to continuing my exploration of hand-knitted socks. And while I enjoyed hat-knitting explorations via a knitting loom, I look forward to beginning an exploration into needle-knit hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.