Wednesday, May 20, 2015

New chapter in ALA membership

I’m embarking on a new chapter in my American Library Association (ALA) membership. Each year, starting in May 2011, I purchased an ALA membership. This ongoing affiliation is as much a gift to myself as it is a professional investment.

For the first four years, I purchased a student membership in the ALA. At the time, I attended online courses toward an Associate’s degree in Library and Information Technology.

This year, when renewing my membership in the ALA, I chose to purchase my membership at the Library Support Staff level, instead of claiming another year of student membership. I felt it was the right thing to do since I’ve completed my formal schooling.

As I await my new membership card, I’m proud of the long-standing investment I’ve made in this association. I appreciate the ALA’s customer service “super-stars” for making sure my record reflects five year of continuous membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.