Saturday, May 16, 2015

Self-striping ‘Fair Isle’ socks

Leg of a sock, knit in yellow, red and green self-striping pattern, on four double-pointed knitting needles, with a package of double-pointed knitting needles next to it. Behind them lies my beautiful black cat Starfire, who looks back over her left shoulder toward the camera.

For my latest socks, I cast 56 stitches of Zwerger Garn Opal “Flower Power” onto my size 1 Knitter’s Pride Dreamz Symphonie Wood double-pointed needles. I love the yarn’s bright variety, the yellows, greens and reds, especially the Fair-Isle mimicry. I left my knitting on the bed, and a short while later found Starfire next to it, almost as if posing for a photograph. I was only too happy to oblige.

Cross-posted to Ravelry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.