Saturday, November 28, 2015

Grateful for libraries, today and every day

Cynthia Parkhill holding library cards
Library cards from nearly everywhere I have lived or worked
I have my advocate’s hat on today, to talk about my gratitude to libraries (continuing with a seasonal focus on things I am thankful for).

The value of libraries has been an ongoing subject in newspaper columns and this blog. Here are some of my past writings that address the importance of libraries:
To summarize, libraries are an important resource for expanding readers’ horizons. Libraries place credible information in a central, accessible place.

Libraries also bridge the digital divide with classes and hands-on access to computers and technology.

I have held a library card in every community where I have lived or worked, and whenever I’ve needed information, I’ve looked for it at my library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.