Monday, January 15, 2018

Green-herringbone jacket and hat

Dark-to-olive-green lightweight jacket and newsboy-style hat with brim and eight-paneled crown. The right-front of the jacket has a layered applique that consists of a rectangle of yellow fabric, decorated with yellow embroidery, inside a border of dark- and light-brown floral.

Here are a couple of my recent sewing projects, out of a beautiful green herringbone flannel. The jacket is from an old McCalls pattern, #7799, enhanced with a layered applique that I made from repurposed garments.

The newsboy hat is a rare monochromatic creation. I usually combine various colors, textures and patterns when I sew these hats, but I needed a hat in a plain neutral color — and for me, “neutral” is dark green. It’ll easily go with the many other shades of green that dominate my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Robust debate and even unusual opinions are encouraged, but please stay on-topic and be respectful. Comments are subject to review for personal attacks or insults, discriminatory statements, hyperlinks not directly related to the discussion and commercial spam.